MEC's training programs have been developed and are continually updated, based not only on the
latest international management principles and practices, but also on field research, first-hand
experience, in-depth knowledge of the region and the specific requirements of organizations.
Public training programs are open to participants from any organization. These participants
have the opportunity to concentrate on their learning away from the job and without the
pressures of day-to-day work. Participants also benefit from sharing experiences with people
from other organizations and gain a new perspective on common problems.
- Training Methodology MEC
- Training Methodology MEC relies on a variety of training and facilitation methods and
techniques. Used whenever applicable, these methods are aimed at enhancing individual and
group interaction while maximizing learning. Some of these methods are:
• Brief presentations by the consultant.
• Group debriefs.
• Individual and team exercises, indoors and outdoors.
• Behavior modeling and role-plays.
• One-to-one and group discussions.
• Case studies, simulations and small projects.
• Video films, videotaping and playback.
• Self-analysis questionnaires and learning instruments.
• Individual action plans (to follow up and evaluate training results).
Most training programs are held from 8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m (lunch included). However, some
particularly in-company programs are more intensive with extended hours.
- Action Plans and Training Follow-upAction Plans and Training Follow-up to ensure the concepts and skills introduced in our
programs are duly transferred to the workplace, MEC is ready to incorporate an "action plan"
section at the end of any training program. This section will constitute an integral part of the
training and will be completed by the participants before the closing of the program. If requested
by the client, MEC also stands ready to design a follow-up training session and/or consult with
the client to try to expedite the transfer of learning and to deal with any post-training issues
which may impact the business.
Training programs described can be offered "in-company" in English or Arabic and are then
designed to effectively and economically meet the specific needs of the client. MEC can also
design and offer "in-company" programs on subjects that are not listed. In-company programs
benefit the client because they:
• Address issues specifically related to the organization.
• Include specially designed cases and exercises, which apply to the client's situation.
• Enable the organization to select the proper mix of participants to ensure maximum benefit.
• Build team spirit among the program participants.
• Are cost effective.
In addition, MEC can design programs based on any combination of topics listed. ITPs
(Individualized Training Programs) Individualized Training Programs (ITPs) represent
concentrated, practical, one-to-one coaching sessions, with individuals receiving the full-time
attention of specialized and experienced consultants.
MEC has conducted many such in-depth training programs, which were specifically designed
for individual participants. The subjects covered were based on the specific needs of each
participant. The programs usually comprise briefings by MEC Senior Consultants, reviews of
manuals, reports and other data, as well as supervised exercises and structured discussions. ITPs
may last from one week to three months, depending on individual and organizational needs, and
may be conducted in English and/or Arabic. Training Methodology MEC relies on a variety of
training and facilitation methods and techniques. Used whenever applicable, these methods are
aimed at enhancing individual and group interaction while maximizing learning.